Get $50 for Your Old, Working Refrigerator or Freezer
- Get Paid - Receive a $50 incentive check plus free, convenient pickup of your old appliance. You will receive your incentive check by mail 4–6 weeks after we pick up your appliance.
- Save Money and Energy - Remove an old, working refrigerator or freezer and you could save up to $150 a year in energy costs.
- The units are sent to a qualified recycling facility where 95 percent of the material is recycled, and hazardous waste is disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
Schedule Your Pickup
You can call 1-888-277-0529 or schedule your pickup online.
Who Can Participate?
- Residential customers of Appalachian Power.
- Customers must own the unit(s) being recycled or receive consent from their landlord or tenant.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be older than 10 years to qualify, empty, in working condition, and a qualifying size of 10–30 cubic feet, utilizing inside measurements.
- Residential customers may recycle a maximum of two units per address per year.
- ARCA Recycling, Inc., an appliance recycler, will pick up and recycle refrigerators and freezers that are in working condition.