Called Load Management Events
Appalachian Power would like to thank you for your participation in the Bring Your Own Thermostat Program! During periods of peak energy demand, Appalachian Power may call a “load management event”, during which Appalachian Power will make brief changes to your central air-conditioner settings by a few degrees.
Load Management Events can occur on weekdays from May to September, between the hours of noon and 8 p.m. Appalachian Power will not call a load management event on holidays or weekends. No more than 15 load management events will be called each year, and such events typically last about 2 to 3 hours. Events may also be called during emergency conditions; however, emergency events are rare.
Below is a list of Load Management Events called in 2020:
- Thursday, July 9, 2020, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 6, 2020, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 29, 2020, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Historical Called Events: